The Supporters of the Dance Academy (SODA) is a non-profit group formed in 1995 to provide financial and volunteer support for the University of Louisville Dance Academy (ULDA). ULDA is a self-supporting preparatory program housed within the U of L School of Music.
Donations to SODA is critical to our survival and greatly appreciated. Donations to SODA are tax deductible. In addition to raising funds, SODA also serves as a much-needed volunteer program organization for ULDA. The performances that are performed annually would not happen without the many volunteers who so graciously give of their time and talent. Some of the areas of support include but are not limited to:
- Funds and volunteers for sewing for costumes (Our dancers do not pay a costume or performing fee because SODA pays for their costumes. If your young dancer performs with us we would greatly appreciate your financial support of SODA.)
- Funds for guest dancers (Sugar Plum Fairy Cavalier)/guest choreographers/guest teachers
- Funds and volunteer effort for a quarterly newsletter, SODAWORKS
- Funds and volunteer time for improvements to the studios
- Funds and volunteer times for production of performances (Clara's Dream, Lecture Demonstration, Spring Gala, An evening of Dance at the Iroquois Amphitheater) - These performances require many volunteer hours. If you are able to volunteer your help will be greatly appreciated.
- Funds and volunteer time for events such as the Clara's Dream cast party
- Funds and volunteer time for Marketing/Advertising
- Funds for professional development for ULDA Staff
- Funds for scholarships
- Volunteer time for the SODA Board, which organizes the activities of SODA.